Toro Timecutter Z5060 Neutral Adjustment?

Wisepati

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! I'm new and puzzled about my zero turn. Got it stuck in the mud today and had to get it out. I disengaged it, pulled it out, and then went to start it. Started just fine but would not move. I played around with it and I think I changed the neutral controls by accident. I have posted pictures below showing the engagement slider and what I think is the neutral control (one on each wheel).
Anyway, I had the engagement all the way to the front where there is a slot for it (see picture). Machine would not move. Long story short, got it up on jack stands and when I disengaged it (see picture) but didn't put it in the slot the wheels started moving but they should not have, they should have been in neutral. So now the wheels turn in neutral and I need to get it to stop. Darned wet spring is making mud spots where there never had been any before.
I hope this is clear enough, it is hard to explain.

Attachments

• Toro One.jpg
    Toro One.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Toro three.jpg
    Toro three.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 7
  • Toro two.jpg
    Toro two.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 6

Wisepati

Forum Newbie
Threads
https://www.toro.com/en/parts

see page 21 in operators manual

Well I tried that before I posted and it doesn't work. I am an old computer programmer and familiar with RT_M so that is what I did first off.

I guess I wasn't clear that I had disengaged it (put it as far to the back as possible and into a slot) to pull it and had in inadvertently put it too far forward into another slot (why is it there at all?) at the front when I tried to start it then realized it should be 'floating' and not in either the front or rear slot so I let it float (like the picture and the manual) and it started right up. However now the wheels turn rather fast in neutral and they should not turn at all. It actually won't go into neutral anymore. It is not like I pushed the thing often! :) I was thinking the neutral control or adjustment needs to be adjusted but it may be more serious. Drat.

I went into the shop and they have it scheduled to pick it up, they aren't sure what is wrong but maybe something is bent.

Anyone have an idea???

Last edited: