Carburetor springs missing TXVL 195

uwvid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi.

I took over this Ariens RM828e with a Tecumseh TVXL 195 engine.
There was missing some springs between the levers / plates.

I've added some pictures. On one picture I've outlined in red how I think it should be, is this correct?
The engine fires up, rpm increases, but then it stalls and dies.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi.

I've added some pictures. On one picture I've outlined in red how I think it should be, is this correct?

the bit that is missing is a link rod, not a spring.
It will be a bit of thick hard wire with a Z bend or hook at each end.

And please do not try to sneak in links to on line gambeling sites on the tail end of your posts.
That will get you treated with well deserved contempt & have you tossed off the site.

If you did not put it there then get your computer cleaned as you have a trojan that adds scam sites to your post.

uwvid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi.

------------------------------

the bit that is missing is a link rod, not a spring.
It will be a bit of thick hard wire with a Z bend or hook at each end.

And please do not try to sneak in links to on line gambeling sites on the tail end of your posts.
That will get you treated with well deserved contempt & have you tossed off the site.

If you did not put it there then get your computer cleaned as you have a trojan that adds scam sites to your post.

The image host I used added the sketchy url to the code I copied. I didn't catch it, sorry about that. I've removed the code, and used a different service.
Thanks for the manual and input, I have a better understanding now. I see now that I hooked it up wrong, which is probably why the engine startet but then over-reved.

Last edited:

uwvid

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used some heavy gauge wire to makeshift a rod between throttle and governor arm. The engine now starts and runs, but only at a certain throttle point. The throttle point is "Full speed", any adjustment above or below makes it run uneven or stall.

I'll have to get a hold of the original link rods. It's just to much hassle to remove and reinstall the carb, while trying different lengths and shapes of wire.

The recoil spring broke on the second pull. I had quite a few circles of "Pull" - "Remove recoil and rewind by hand" - "Install recoil and hold in place with hand" - "Pull" and repeat.
After a while I used my battery drill with a 24mm socket, which worked pretty good. (When the engine starts and overtakes the drills/sockets speed, the nut comes loose, but still easier)