John Deere 210 oil leak and gas in crankcase

rjdreww

Forum Newbie
Threads
Someone please give me some advice I have been dealing with this too long and I am rather annoyed at myself for not being able to figure this out. My first problem is I have oil coming out of my governor bushing which I noticed was un-screwed a little so I screwed it back in and still have oil coming out of the bushing just not as much. My other problem is I keep getting gas in my oil I have re-built the carb I have replaced the fuel pump I don't know what I am missing. I have been reading and I have read a couple of things about the breather may not be working which could be the reason the oil is coming out of the bushing could that be related to the fuel going into the oil? I also notice that after 10-15 minutes of running it full throttle mowing that it seems to act like it is starving for fuel or is losing power I have to stop and let it rev back up.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would suggest installing a gas shut off in the line to the carb.

rjdreww

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have already installed a fuel shut off just remembering to use it is my hard part

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float valve in the carb is not shutting off the fuel supply .
This then over fills the float bowl when the engine is not running.
EPA regulations have banned external drains from the carb so the excess fuel dribbles through the carb, through the intake valve and into your engine.

So the remedy is to pull the carb and clean it properly.
perhaps even fit a rebuild kit.
I like to double check the carb by installing it without the bowl on ( can't do that with Nikki carb ) then checking that the fuel actually stops flowing before the float tops out on the carb body.

The external shut off is your second line of defence along the belts & braces approach .
On a couple of my customers mowers I wrote "Turn Fuel tap on" with a paint pen on the dash next to the key switch.
Works both ways
Or a note "turn fuel off" next to the light switch in your garage , shed etc.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: