Not satisfied with Honda, what else is there?

rapala13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its been a rough week, my Toro GTS Suzuki 2 stroke gets wrecked by someone else putting straight gas in it. While I have to put a new PTO clutch in the
John Deere, we purchased a Honda HRR216VLA. We tried to cut tall grass in the ditch where it grows high and it quit even with the wheels raised. It cut fine at first and
then it started quitting multiple times. Spark plug tip is white, a brand new Honda shouldn't be doing that. It seems like the carburetor is set too lean that it is overheating due to lack of enough fuel deliver to generate enough power to mulch. My old toro did a much better job with the wheels raised all the way up while it was declining in power after being ran straight gas through.

We are returning the Honda. The reason why I chose the Honda is because it had electric start (for a 70 year old woman), and the honda engine and reliability. I expected the twin blade to be a powerful mulcher and
I was sorely disappointed.

This mower isn't for me but I will not be around to help my mother with her grass and it had to be something with electric start. I don't like Briggs and Stratton and neither Kohler. I prefer Honda or Kawasaki powerheads.
What now? Who makes a powerful mulcher for tall, dense grass that won't bog down and is easy to start or comes with electric start? It needs to be reliable so she doesn't have to worry about taking it to the shop.

Russ2251

Threads
Honda does make more powerful mills to accomplish what you want to do.