I hope it's only a bent blade on my new Z525.

Scottcc

Threads
I hit a root pretty hard today, the right blade is bent; I can see a wave in it. It also scrapes the ground with an edge. The deck had to be re-leveled, so it maybe more damaged than a bent blade. The root I've always been able to avoid and I'd get that area with a push mower. Not today, I absentmindedly went right over it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ouch !!!

Change the damaged blade & spin both blades to aim at each other in center of deck, obviously the cutting tips should be even across to each other, then spin them both 180 degrees & check again.

If the replacement blade does not line up to other blade tip, might have spindle damage as well. But this is a good start.

Scottcc

Threads
Ouch !!!

Change the damaged blade & spin both blades to aim at each other in center of deck, obviously the cutting tips should be even across to each other, then spin them both 180 degrees & check again.

If the replacement blade does not line up to other blade tip, might have spindle damage as well. But this is a good start.

Thanks, I'll be working on it today.

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

Scottcc

Threads
I finally got around to getting it fixed. The blades only come in a set of 3 which cost me $63 with tax, and I replaced all of them. Everything is even and squared, and cutting like new again. Although the cut heights may not be correct. I was worried that it would require a trip to the dealer. I made my wife finish the front acre with the new push mower. Well she actually volunteered for the exercise.

cruzenmike

Threads
since you have just replaced all the blades right now would be a good time to level your deck both side to side and front to back. A really good idea would be to have some blocks made that are the exact height to which you are supposed to adjust your mower at. My mower requires blocks that are used to set the deck on to adjust the cut height but from my other mowers I would make 3-in tall blocks and I would use those to adjust the deck at the 3-in cut height setting.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I finally got around to getting it fixed. The blades only come in a set of 3 which cost me $63 with tax, and I replaced all of them. Everything is even and squared, and cutting like new again. Although the cut heights may not be correct. I was worried that it would require a trip to the dealer. I made my wife finish the front acre with the new push mower. Well she actually volunteered for the exercise.

If she wants some more you can send her down here any time you like :laughing:

The blades should be available form Oregon or Stens or rotary as single items.
See if you can get a single replacement , sharpen the other 2 then swap them over when the current blades get dull
Sharp blades really do make a big difference.

Scottcc

Threads
I leveled side to side, I'm not sure if this type of deck can level front to back. I moved a few times back and forth to test and there is no step between rows.

cruzenmike

Threads
I leveled side to side, I'm not sure if this type of deck can level front to back. I moved a few times back and forth to test and there is no step between rows.

as long as you have no step between the rows you should be good. The front to back leveling is just to get that rake on the back of the deck usually 1/8 inch higher in the back than in the front. But I would say if you're happy with how it's cutting now then there's no reason to mess with it anymore.

Scottcc

Threads
If she wants some more you can send her down here any time you like :laughing:

The blades should be available form Oregon or Stens or rotary as single items.
See if you can get a single replacement , sharpen the other 2 then swap them over when the current blades get dull
Sharp blades really do make a big difference.

These new blades are sharper than the originals when new. Thanks for letting me know where I can get a single replacement.