Rescue me!

Hustler27

Threads
Bought a hustler raptor as soon as they came out. Had most of the problems on here that are mentioned. Broken bolts, bolts that shake loose and drop the mower deck no matter how much I check them, mower has never side discharged, terrible cut. All that aside, I need bigger help with getting the mower deck 'working' again. My wife wants one of these buy in a box pools and so i'm out mowing the lawn on the lowest setting trying to get the grass out of the way so that a friend can come over with a tractor and help level the area off for the pool. My mower deck just stopped working all of a sudden. Brought it into the garage and I have loose parts sitting on top of the mower deck. I have no idea where they are from or how to attach them or if I am now missing parts in the backyard that will likely get buried as we prep the area for the pool. Here is what I have just sitting out.

Thanks for any help.

broken mower deck.jpg

Hustler27

Threads
It must go here, somehow.

broken mower deck 2.jpg

Attachments

• broken mower deck 2.jpg
    broken mower deck 2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 50

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks like an idler that slides underneath the two 'S' shaped brackets. One of the brackets looks bent. Spring attaches to the hook in the foreground.

neetan

Threads
OK now take the pulley wheel that you had in the first photograph had the wheel section furthest away from you, as in the second photograph, slide between the two rails towards you with the belt closer to the hook of the pulley. Once the belt is in on the pulley you will note that the spring will attach from one side to the other on the hook that’s in the second photograph closest.

Just so you know this is the pulley belt tensioner! It is designed to fly off when you have put too much load on the bearings. Because this is spring, Please use caution! Do not forget to wear safety glasses on yourself. Now us a pair pliers to pull the spring with the belt with it towards you attach towards the second book as per second photograph the hook on to the ring

good luck and be careful !

clubairth

Threads
Any idea why it came apart?

How many hours do you have on the machine?

Alden

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you don't have enough tension on spring it will come off. I believe from outside to outside edge of spring should be seven inches.

rick.kinney

Threads
Bought a hustler raptor as soon as they came out. Had most of the problems on here that are mentioned. Broken bolts, bolts that shake loose and drop the mower deck no matter how much I check them, mower has never side discharged, terrible cut. All that aside, I need bigger help with getting the mower deck 'working' again. My wife wants one of these buy in a box pools and so i'm out mowing the lawn on the lowest setting trying to get the grass out of the way so that a friend can come over with a tractor and help level the area off for the pool. My mower deck just stopped working all of a sudden. Brought it into the garage and I have loose parts sitting on top of the mower deck. I have no idea where they are from or how to attach them or if I am now missing parts in the backyard that will likely get buried as we prep the area for the pool. Here is what I have just sitting out.

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 44136

THAT PULLY GOES INTO THE PLATIC SLIDE ON THE DECK AND THE SPRING ATTACHES TO IT THEN A SMALL CHAIN ATTACHES TO THE SPRING AND A NOTCH ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE FRONT OF THE DECK FRAME. TAKE THE SIDE COVERS OFF TO GET THE BELT ON CORRECTLY, FOLLOW THE DIAGRAM ON THE FRONT OF THE MOWER DECK.
IF YOU LOST THE CHAIN THEN THE HARWARE STORE SHOULD HAVE ONLY NEED ABOUT 12 INCHES OR LESS. YOU LEAVE THE CHAIN LOOSE UNTIL YOU GET THE BELT ON THEN PULL IT TIGHT. I TIED A SMALL ROPE TO THE EXTRA END OF THE CHAIN SO I WOULDN'T LOOSE IT AGIAN.