Briggs and Straton Numbers

cain

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guys and gals I have been pulling wrenches for well over 50 years and working on Briggs engines was kinda fun...........until now. They used to stamp the numbers needed on the blower cover or elsewhere on the engine but I see this has stopped. Now all I can find is the serial number on a sticker. This does nothing for me as what I need is the model, type and code. At the Briggs and Stratton website it wants me to show this sticker to my smart phone (which I do not have, old school). Is there any site that I can lookup the model number by using the serial number? Thanks.

NorthBama

Threads
just get a kid with the QR scanner app to drop by. Most kids have smart phones even 12 year old

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guys and gals I have been pulling wrenches for well over 50 years and working on Briggs engines was kinda fun...........until now. They used to stamp the numbers needed on the blower cover or elsewhere on the engine but I see this has stopped. Now all I can find is the serial number on a sticker. This does nothing for me as what I need is the model, type and code. At the Briggs and Stratton website it wants me to show this sticker to my smart phone (which I do not have, old school). Is there any site that I can lookup the model number by using the serial number? Thanks.

I don't know if there is a consumer site but the dealer site has the option by serial number. Also the new push mower engines have the numbers stamped into the block and then seems to be painted over so they are hard to see sometimes. The larger Vanguard engines have the number tag next to the oil filter.

the Twin intek is on the valve cover opposite the fuel pump and the single horizontal intek is on the cylinder sheet metal sometimes or other times on the valve cover on the breather tube side.

bogdaN

Threads
Had little experience with small newer Briggs engine--numbers where just painted on side of engine.Problem was half of the numbers where not readable. Dirt,oil,gas wash it OFF.Yes Briggs save 50 cent by not stamping.Dan