Bypass Seat Switch on Husqvarna Zero Turn

mtnxtreme

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pulled the 2 wire plug on the seat switch and ran a jumper wire from terminal to terminal, as soon as you let off the parking brake it dies. The plug has no power going toit. Even tried to ground both terminals, same result. Does the plug itself have some kind of feature when unplugged it can't be jumped ? Doc I need to actually cut the wires and solder them up, or am I missing something ?

NorthBama

Threads
that is why it is made that way so if operator falls off he or she will not get chopped up :thumbdown:

mtnxtreme

Forum Newbie
Threads
that is why it is made that way so if operator falls off he or she will not get chopped up :thumb down:

I'm aware why it's there, I been using equipment for 50 years, I never fell off and got chopped up, nor ever heard of anyone getting chopped up. I'm sure there is a very remote possibility of an accident. So for anyone else wanting to do this, in the center of the plug is a tiny spring that when you pull the plug it makes the two terminals connect and kills it. But now I can still hook it up when needed, like if my son or mom ( yes she still mows ), or have the option to disconnect by just pulling the plug so overtime I go thru a farm gate, or have to pick up debris I don't have to restart, but of course I will turn off the mower before doing so !!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I fail to understand is why you can not simply apply the parking brake when you have to get off.
The safety interlocks allow the engine to remain running if the operator is not present but the brake has been applied.

mtnxtreme

Forum Newbie
Threads
What I fail to understand is why you can not simply apply the parking brake when you have to get off.
The safety interlocks allow the engine to remain running if the operator is not present but the brake has been applied.

It still dies even with parking brake on !

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In that case the brake switch is faulty.
Parking brake switch is a double switch.
One side switches 12 V to the starting solenoid
The other side switches ground to the kill wire going to the seat switch when the brake is off
Thus if the brake is off & seat is on there is no ground to the magneto kill wire
If the brake is off & the seat is off then the kill wire is ground.
There is a second circuit that goes from the PTO switch to the seat switch then to the kill wire so if you get off & the blades are on the engine stops.
The seat switch switches a ground contact, not power so there should never be voltage on it .