2004 Scag Wildcat motor

36racin

Threads
49A9564A-C13F-45DC-B410-628BEA149D04.jpg16AE8E36-4213-48FC-B92B-1DBF29AFFF86.jpgPulled the bottom of the motor off after zero compression on one cylinder. Boy did I find the problem. Connecting rod was busted into about 1000 pieces, crank scared up. Didn't go any further. Ordered new cv742-3022 engine. Arrived yesterday. UPS made a screw up and delivered another engine as well. They will return to my friends shop later this week to retrieve it. Hopefully it will be running by Friday evening. Also need to drain hydro oil and replace it and filter. Question. Use bolts taken out to secure the new block or do I need to top the new mounts?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The old bolts will be fine.
However a new engine should ship with new bolts & muffler gaskets.
If the holes are not threaded, do it before you install the engine.
If the engine bolts are self tappers, buy 5 new ones, use one as a tap and fit the engine with the 4 new ones.
The self tappers have a much shorter thred depth with a much rounder root as a thread cut with a regular tap will be loose on the bolts.

36racin

Threads
The old bolts will be fine.
However a new engine should ship with new bolts & muffler gaskets.
If the holes are not threaded, do it before you install the engine.
If the engine bolts are self tappers, buy 5 new ones, use one as a tap and fit the engine with the 4 new ones.
The self tappers have a much shorter thred depth with a much rounder root as a thread cut with a regular tap will be loose on the bolts.

Went ahead and just used old bolts. Replaced all washers and lock washers. Engine all installed but have a new problem. Old wiring harness for 740-0021 motor not same as the new 742-3022 motor. Engine cranks, fires but will not start. There is no power to the fuel shutoff solenoid. Without cutting up the wiring harness on the new motor and probably voiding the warranty I'm guessing their is a between harness that will replace the one off my old engine

36racin

Threads
Started another thread on wiring harness. Looking at new and old the connections were different. Fuel and starter solenoid on old were together. They are seperate on new engine harness. Used a jumper wire from starter solenoid to fuel solenoid and motor cranked right up. Now I need another between collector which gets power to new connectors on engine. Without cutting up new engine harness(hopefully)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a friendly Auto electrician who makes up crossover harnesses when I need one.
If you take photos of the plugs so they know what the plugs are and draw what you want clearly most will happily whip you up one for about an hours labour.
Some mower / engine makers supply grab packs of the plugs & terminals but I have not been able to get my hands on any of them.
However they are std automotive plugs but auto electrician grab packs are way too expensive for this little black duck when I will never ever use 99% of them.

36racin

Threads
Took a look at wiring and connections on old motor this morning. pulled back the protective sheeve on old motor wiring harness. What I though was a blue wire was actually purple under the sheeve. Did a little more re-configuring of wires this morning and she cranked right off. Cut about an acre of grass with no issues((except fuel) boy she likes a drink. But other than that its running fine, making plenty of power, charging systems putting out about 13.8. Now I need to work on a few other service items and a few other minor things.

Thanks everyone for all the help