stuck wheel walk behiend /12av566n711/serial 1l154k11128

ice

Threads
  • / stuck wheel walk behiend /12av566n711/serial 1l154k11128
I pick this up for $20.00 bucks
the front left wheel is locked up, also I can't get it off.
also,DSCN2312.jpgDSCN2311.jpgDSCN2310.jpgDSCN2309.jpgDSCN2308.jpg the gas tank needs to be replaced. is there a used one out there somewhere?DSCN2312.jpgDSCN2311.jpgDSCN2310.jpgDSCN2309.jpgDSCN2308.jpg
thank to all chim in

bogdaN

Threads
Yes E-bay have plenty of them,around $20.Now the wheel ,try some good lube and leave it over night.Dan

ice

Threads
Yes E-bay have plenty of them,around $20.Now the wheel ,try some good lube and leave it over night.Dan

ebay I will check thank you.
so there is no clip behind the wheel to release it? right? the bolt came off easy but the wheel itself is stuck on there or I am missing something

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The nut is the only thing that holds the wheel on the shaft. I suspect the wheel shaft is corroded and locking the plastic wheel to the shaft, Also I wouldn't be surprised if the self propel gear is also frozen to the drive shaft preventing it from ratcheting correctly so you can turn the wheel to try to rotate the wheel off the shaft.

The wheel shaft and the drive shaft are two different items but I suspect the primary issue is with the self propel shaft and gear.

ice

Threads
The nut is the only thing that holds the wheel on the shaft. I suspect the wheel shaft is corroded and locking the plastic wheel to the shaft, Also I wouldn't be surprised if the self propel gear is also frozen to the drive shaft preventing it from ratcheting correctly so you can turn the wheel to try to rotate the wheel off the shaft.

The wheel shaft and the drive shaft are two different items but I suspect the primary issue is with the self propel shaft and gear.

DSCN2316.jpgDSCN2315.jpgDSCN2314.jpg
Hi ILENGINE
This is what I got so far, I got the wheel off. The wheel looks good. The shaft that the wheel goes on does not spin in any direction and has grooves in it. The groves lock it in place. My question is, does the spindle spin/supposed to spin? Or does the wheel spin with the metal gear? The metal gear does spin freely. thank you

ice

Threads
DSCN2322.jpgDSCN2321.jpg
Hi all
I honed out the plastic wheel and now it spins freely. I also check the little transmission to see if anything was hung-up in there. What kind of transmission fluid does it take?
I pulled out the spark plug and it was brand new. I spray a little starter fluid in the cylinder and fired right up :) .

So The parts I need are going to be. grass catcher bag and fuel gas tank. Does any have these parts there want to sell or is there a web site that sells these parts used cheap?I am going to flip this mower.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The splined part is actually an insert that is supposed to be part of the wheel and turns on the shaft that the nut screws onto. The drive gear box most of the time uses grease but in most cases is considered non serviceable.

primerbulb120

Threads
View attachment 44101View attachment 44102
Hi all
I honed out the plastic wheel and now it spins freely. I also check the little transmission to see if anything was hung-up in there. What kind of transmission fluid does it take?
I pulled out the spark plug and it was brand new. I spray a little starter fluid in the cylinder and fired right up :) .

So The parts I need are going to be. grass catcher bag and fuel gas tank. Does any have these parts there want to sell or is there a web site that sells these parts used cheap?I am going to flip this mower.

eBay for the parts, and unfortunately you have effectively ruined the wheel by honing it. The splined section of the axle shaft is not actually part of the axle shaft, it's a bushing that's supposed to be pressed into the wheel (the splines keep the bushing from spinning inside the wheel.) The bushing is supposed to spin freely on the axle shaft, but in your case it's seized (likely rusted) to the shaft. Proper way to fix this would be pull the wheel off, un-seize and remove the bushing from the mower, and then press the bushing back into the wheel and reinstall everything.

The reason that I say the wheel is ruined is that the splines on the bushing will grind away at the plastic of the wheel and enlarge the center hole. Very soon, the wheel will be so wobbly that you won't be able to push the mower. Only way to fix this PROPERLY is to get a new wheel.

ice

Threads
eBay for the parts, and unfortunately you have effectively ruined the wheel by honing it. The splined section of the axle shaft is not actually part of the axle shaft, it's a bushing that's supposed to be pressed into the wheel (the splines keep the bushing from spinning inside the wheel.) The bushing is supposed to spin freely on the axle shaft, but in your case it's seized (likely rusted) to the shaft. Proper way to fix this would be pull the wheel off, un-seize and remove the bushing from the mower, and then press the bushing back into the wheel and reinstall everything.

The reason that I say the wheel is ruined is that the splines on the bushing will grind away at the plastic of the wheel and enlarge the center hole. Very soon, the wheel will be so wobbly that you won't be able to push the mower. Only way to fix this PROPERLY is to get a new wheel.

Hi prim
how wouldDSCN2316.jpgDSCN2315.jpg you go about taking off the bushing? do you have any pics?

primerbulb120

Threads
Try to twist it off with a pair of channel lock pliers. If that doesn't work, take a chisel and place it parallel along the grooves of the bushing. Then pound it with a hammer and it will crack the bushing so you can pull it off. It's fairly soft metal and easy to crack.