Repairs Replace Belt on HRR2169VKA MZCG 9560882: Moved to Honda Forum

Kestrel-Flight

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replace Belt on HRR2169VKA MZCG 9560882: Moved to Honda Forum
Originally posted on the wrong forum:

I viewed a video on Youtube showing how to replace the belt for this model. Looks easy, however, the belt guard on the transmission side does not look at all like the video. The transmission belt guard appears to be bolted on underneath the transmission pulley so I can't quite figure out how to remove the belt without just bending the guard enough to slip the belt off. Bending stuff isn't a good option. I suppose removing the pulley is the answer but there isn't enough room for my deep socket to fit. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kestrel-Flight

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks for replying. This is the video I viewed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAX8CS85iE. My Honda mower is exactly like this one until you get to the part about removing the belt guard on the transmission side. It starts about 2:05 minutes. My mower does not have the two "external" bolts holding the belt guard in place. I looked at the official Honda parts guide and the belt guard like in the video is shown but not listed in the parts section. A newer belt guide is shown so there has been some re-design. It's very unclear about how to R&R the belt and I have been working on cars for 50 years!!

MarkNLucas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any luck with this yet ? I also have a HRR2169VKA and I can't figure out how to remove the large plastic shroud that covers the transmission side pulley. Thanks.