13BA508N600 (2004) RH 135/105 B RESTORATION

pcfixitdave

Threads
Hi all,
Dave from sunny Aberdeen here, recently retired after thirty five years in the North sea helicopter world fixing and flying maintenance duties anyway as you will have guessed i need some information from you knowlegable guys got an MTD 13BA508N600 (2004) RH 135/105 B a thing of beauty,at a knock down price from a friend all working but in serious need of restore ,anything mechanical that needs TLC and i.m a sucker for a project. Needed body restore and so ripped it to bits to methodically inspect everything as deconstructed not in bad shape and usual suspects bearings belts engine adjustments etc ,and while sat in garage decided to leak fuel into intake and engine so needle valve and seat done also. So i would say it is a 90% restore everything going back ok not flashed up the engine yet as waiting for a shutoff valve off ebay before i fit tank back will be sorry to finish it and hand it to son in law as he will get it dirty.Well long story short have really enjoyed this and got into watching Taryl on Youtube and really appreciate his humour and knowledge so suffice to say i've got the bug and wouldn't mind getting another machine to work on, now the question (finally) you say, in the battery tray area i find a red and green wire two pin plug with a plastic clip further down wire which corresponds to no known hole in the area no switches need this plug and it does not reach anything logical which may require it, in short it is driving me nuts and i'm not taking the easy way out here just asking you guys cause i can't be bothered , i have been pouring over the net for a week wiring diagrams etc no luck, so if any one has had one of these machines and knows about this mystery please put me out of my misery sorry so long a post but also by way of introduction and if anyone really interested will post some pics for posterity
so thanks in advance for any help and great to be a member cheers. happy mowing
ps. a similar machine to mine almost identical really and in similar condition can be found on Youtube as 'MTD restoration slideshow ' posted by an irish guy Steve A.

pcfixitdave

Threads
13BA508N600 BJ293L10038 says not available online

i guess by lack of response no one knows ah well struggle on alone i suppose

Last edited:

pcfixitdave

Threads
Having got the mower went straight in and started tearing it down which in hindsight may have been a bit premature as not having had one before not familiar with the machine and don't know what was working or not, it was in use and cutting so that was not a problem but didn't give myself the time to get familiar with it hence the mystery wire story, it's just the little plastic locating clip makes it looks like it was used for something ??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
usually the only plugs that far back would be the seat switch and perhaps a neutral switch.
Your numbers do not code out for any MTD that i have any information on thus no answer.
Most mowers will run with the neutral switch removed or disconnected.

pcfixitdave

Threads
Thanks for your reply, whatever it was it was running ok without it, i see a switch on the trans which i presumed was for maybe reverse to stop blades cutting ? it is connected to a wire, not familiar with neutral switch , nothing else anywhere in radius of wire travel that it could possibly connect to as i say just bugging me i don't know what it is.

pcfixitdave

Threads
Bit of a breakthrough found wiring diagram (motoruf) site and closer inspection of cables reveals red/black tracer and green to plug is 'bag full' so must assume my model was not out the factory with this? don't know if this was a light or warn sound ? any info gratefully recieved pleased i finally know what it is ........... now obsessed with geting it to work

pcfixitdave

Threads
So i have the plug and wiring for grass bag full but would like to know how a typical system works, is it a light or buzzer and how is it detected, maybe i could get it working on my machine ?

pcfixitdave

Threads
Ok with the total lack of information anywhere ,net ,forums suppose i'm doomed to just look in the bag to see if it's full practical but no fun, or i suppose i could utilise a motion sensor in the chute and when movement stops triggers an alarm/light shuts the mower down and ejects me from the seat should be able to do it for a couple of thousand dollars.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So i have the plug and wiring for grass bag full but would like to know how a typical system works, is it a light or buzzer and how is it detected, maybe i could get it working on my machine ?

They are not usual.
In fact bag full indicators are very rarely fitted to domestic mowers.
You know when the bags are full because the chute blocks or the excess grass pours out the overflow & all over the operator.
Generally it is only mowers with solid bags like Grasshopper, Walkers, Ferris etc that have a warning system
Some are buzzers while others turn off the blades because you really can not see or hear a buzzer or lamp when mowing.