Briggs & Stratton 725 - 190cc

BigMcK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys -- I took off my muffler and unknowingly the thermostat came off and I did not see where it came from. I have put it back together without the thermostat and the mower runs fine. I have since found an youtube video on how to put the thermostat back (quite a few bolts). If it is not a required piece, I will leave it off. How important is this piece?
muffler thermostat.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads
It will start cold and run fine, but you may have issues restarting it when hot.

Reinstalling the thermostat only requires removing the two muffler bolts. What video did you watch?

BigMcK

Forum Newbie
Threads
It will start cold and run fine, but you may have issues restarting it when hot.

Reinstalling the thermostat only requires removing the two muffler bolts. What video did you watch?

Removing the muffler was easy. When I did the thermostat also came off. To put the thermostat back where it was the video said I need to remove remove two or three pieces, one being the whole covering of the engine. I was not going to do that if it ran OK. It looks like I might need to do that. Thanks.

primerbulb120

Threads
It came off without removing all the covers, and it will go back on without removing all the covers. Just take a flashlight and make sure the arm on top of the auto choke goes behind the black plastic arm coming across from the other side of the engine.

BigMcK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks very much for the video