Z655 fuel issue

bleach60

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mowed about 3 hrs and it died. Would start but die immediately. Found a clogged fuel line, blew it out, and it clogged again past the fuel pump. Blew it out and fuel flowed all the way to carb. Started it and it died again immediately. Would it do this if fuel pump is bad? I drained and put new fuel in so it isn't a fuel issue. The filter looks fine and fuel is abundant past it but seems limited past the pump though

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ll bet it is time to clean the carb and the fuel tank. If you had dirt on both sides of the pump, it had to come from somewhere (the tank) and go somewhere (the carb). If you only clean the carb, the problem will reoccure, as there is probably more dirt in the tank.

bleach60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks.
I'm gonna get a new fuel pump since I've cleaned the tank and lines and the flow gets limited once passing the pump. Acts like the pump may have clogging. Seems to get enough to fire and briefly run after setting. Will have to wait since it's a holiday.

bleach60

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, just in case someone else has this problem, it was the fuel shut off solenoid. Had a blown fuse! I've been advised to take the solenoid out and plug the hole with a bolt. Anyone have a yea or nay?