New 2019 Turf Tiger- Questions

Mowergal

Threads
I just bought a new Turf Tiger, had to keep up with the mowing while I wait to hear about my old TT hydraulic issues (another thread on here). I checked the hydraulic oil level with a tape measure, as suggested in the manual. It is 3-1/2" from the bottom of the reservoir; manual reads: it must be 3" from the top of the filler neck. So, 9" to top of filler neck, minus the 3-1/2" means that I need 2-1/2 inches of 20W50 oil... I bought STP 20W50 regular oil... But, I'm concerned about doing anything as it was supposed to be set up correctly at the dealership...? I thought I should check with you guys on here to make sure I am correct, and to add oil, and it is OK to use the conventional (not synthetic) STP oil that I bought at Auto Zone (I don't know what the dealer used).

Also, the brake foot pedal is so tight that I, a small woman, cannot push down on the pedal to activate the brake. I realize you guys probably don't have this problem, but it really is difficult and not as user friendly as the hand brake on my old (2002) Scag. Does anyone know if there is something wrong with the brake pedal? Does it need grease or is there an adjustment? Thanks for the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
TAke some photos and send the dealer a LETTER or EMAIL so there is a written record of the condition that the mower arrived in.
Ask for some oil for free to top up what you have in theory already paid for.
A good dealer will appologise & send you a bottle of oil
In any case , should the worst happen you have established that the mower was not properly checked before you got it.
We all make mistakes. Good business people admit it and make amends.

Mowergal

Threads
Thanks, Bertsmobile. I'm also concerned about the rest of the set-up. The only other obvious concern is engine oil level. LOL I will check that as well. I had hoped to mow over our Memorial Day 3-day weekend, but I may wait until I can contact the dealer on Tuesday (I'm on the East Coast, USA).

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Poor dealer prep leaves one of those difficult to forget first impressions unfortunately.
Assuming that a new machine from the factory is "good to go" is a situation that has become the norm in todays business climate.
Newer Scag TT II and TC II have disc brakes which require that the brake pedal be pushed and then the hand lever pulled up to put the machine in the parked condition. Most any new machine will need some time and use to settle in, but the braking system may need to readjusted so both discs engage smoothly and at the same time and held there followed up with engaging the parking brake lever.
You may need to move the seat more forward so you can better apply the brake, holding it there as you lift the parking brake lever.
As for the hydraulic oil level, if you absolutely need to use this machine before Tuesday, I would save your receipts, add some 20W50 non synthetic engine oil to the reservoir, record the amount needed to bring the oil level closer to the recommended level but be sure to not overfill the reservoir. Call the dealer Tuesday morning and ask them why dealer prep was not performed on the TT II that you just purchased.

Mad Mackie in CT:smile:

Last edited: