Husqvarna wont turn over after belt came off

Shamrocklex

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH24v48 4 yrs old.

Has been operating fine since new.

I was cutting the first time this year and the mower deck belt came off. With it still running I drove it back to the garage and shut it down. Saw that the belt was off. I went to start it back up to drive it in the garage and it just clicks will not turn over.

I removed the deck, rerouted the belt and put the deck back on. Still just clicks.

I have jumped it with my truck, replaced the battery anyway as it was getting weak.

Replaced the solenoid with a new unit, still clicks.

If I jump across the solenoid terminals it turns over but doesn't start.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

I don't seem to be getting power at the key wire on the solenoid when the key is in the on position.

Is there a sensor for turning the blades on preventing the power to the solenoid?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you turned the PTO back off ?

By clicking, do you mean a single click or multiple rapid clicking ?

Shamrocklex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes the PTO switch is off and it's one click I think from the carb fuel shut off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In that case double check by pulling the plug on the carb solenoid and listening for the click, or lack there of.

If the click is the carb solenoid then one of the safety switches is most likely still open.
Confirm by
1) putting a small jumper from the battery feed cable on the solenoid to the positive trigger terminal on the solenoid.( should be white wire )
Engine cranks = fault in the cranking safety circuit.
or
2) measuring the voltage at the solenoid trigger wire when the key is in the Start position with either a meter or test light.
You might need 3 hands for this test

According to Manuel ( the Mexican know all ) you have a 4 pole solenoid and the other trigger wire is an unswitched ground, ( should be black )
So check that one is ground before doing either of the above.

The cranking circuit goes from the battery cable on the solenoid through a fuse then to the B terminal on the key switch, then the S terminal ( they are labeled ) then to the PTO switch then to the parking brake switch ( under the mower ) then to the solenoid.

The wiring diagram is in the parts manual which is a free download from Husqvarna or can be printed from most parts suppliers search pages ( jacks small engines, partstree, e-replacement etc etc etc )

When working through these problems I use some small patch wires with a spade on each end, pull the plugs from the back of the switches then make to connections with the patch wires.
So one at a time I bypass the switches, when it cranks, the last bypass was the problem.
If you bypass all of the switches & it still does not crank then you have a broken wire.

Because my brain works in a weird mannar the first things which should be done will be written last.
Check the battery connections by running a jumper from the battery - to a good ground near the starter ( drain plug works for me )
Starter cranks = bad ground connections.
Second test is a direct jump from the battery + solenoid batter cable
Starter cranks = bad power connection
Third is to move the jumper to the starter connection on the solenoid
Starter cranks, = solenoid not working
Starter does not crank = bad connection to starter or bad starter
Fourth test is to move the jumper directly to the starter.
Cranking confirms the starter is working and the starter cable is at fault.

For doing the power cable tests I originally clamped a piece of insulated copper water pipe in the jumper clamp so it can be used as a probe.
latter on I made a dedicated test cable by replacing the clamp with an old length of copper as you only need to touch the terminals with the cable for a couple of seconds and getting a live clamp in there without making an accidental ground is not easy.

garciawarren

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi, friend

my best advice that I can offer you is that you always replace your parts with original parts and parts to guarantee their operation

Warren Garcia
https://www.husqvparts.com/