Broken axle

nodlenor

Threads
I broke an axle on my LT2554 Husqvarna (right rear). Just wondering if that is a weak spot on this model? Anyway my brother in law replaced the rear unit on his LT2654 and wondered if an axle out of his old unit would fit mine. They look to be the same but not sure.

nodlenor

Threads
After more research I’ve found that broken axles are not rare on these units. I guess if it will last another 9 years I can live with it.

nodlenor

Threads
Can’t find anyone that will work on my Husqvarna so I’m going to park it for a while. Bought a Country Clipper Boulevard with a 48” deck & 23 hp Kohler engine. I went with the joystick. It’s going to take some getting used to but I think I’m going to like it. I may get brave and try changing the axle in the Husqvarna myself one of these days. Nothing to lose, it ain’t worth anything the way it is.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Replacing the axel is an easy repair if it broke.
Not so easy if it pulled out as you need to find that ###### clip which came off.
You might need to put a thrust washer between the clip & the axel casing if it is badly damaged.
The important thing is to clean, clean & clean again the entire case before you separate the halves then do the job as quick as you can in the most dust free enviroment you can find.
I do mine in the workshop shower after wetting down all of the walls.
Use petrol soaked scotchbrite pads to remove the old silicon from the cases and use a fresh tube with a very small hole in the end to apply it, you do not need much.