Need Help. Toro MX4250 Surging

Bartman71

Forum Newbie
Threads
bertsmobile, thank you for all the quick responses! :thumbsup:

I ordered the proper cleaning tools from Amazon and they'll arrive tomorrow. Wow!

My carb has the name Huayi engraved on the top of it. I assume this is the company who makes the carburetor. I'm not having much luck finding information in this unit from the internet including the site you sent. Is there a way to tell which circuit is the highspeed and which one is for idle?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should be on the parts breakdown.
Main jet is the high & idle jet will be the idle.
Your carb will be copy of one on the page I sent.
It is a Chinese copy.

Bartman71

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll clean it again tomorrow.. One more question though.

The engine surges when running at full throttle without the blades engaged. It stops surging when I have engage the blades without changing the throttle (still on full). I just wanted to make sure this problem would still be the idle/low speed jet?

Thank you!
Bart

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engine is governed.
There are 2 circuits in the carb
They are not independent but overlap.
At WFO 95% of the fuel comes through the main jet & 5% through the idle jet or around those sorts of amounts.
So untill the throttle is open far enough for the main jet to fully overwhelm the idle, a blocked idle will cause surging
flat out without the blades running or the mower moving the throttle butterfly is barely open .
When you put a load on the engine then the throttle opens up wide thus bypassing the idle jet problem.
Get some one to sit in the seat & work the controls while you watch the throttle open & close.