HRC2163HXA propel not working. Possible leak below transmission found.

macespejo

Threads
  • / HRC2163HXA propel not working. Possible leak below transmission found.
Mark, thanks for helping me out. I did lift up the mower to check the wheels and Nothing is turning. The drive shaft is still spinning on both engine end and transmission ends.

macespejo

Threads
You wont believe what happened. So i tried to mow my lawn today. Engage the blade and then push fwd the lever and it propels a little bit. So i tried adjusting the cable again and it works. The self propel is working. I just notcied some few drops of tranny oil yesterday at the floor. I’ll it check again tomorrow.

tadawson

Threads
It may well have taken a bit to work the air out. If it now works, check for leaks and see if you can correct any you find. Might be as simple as loose bolts holding the case together, or a shaft seal . . .

macespejo

Threads
So before I used my mower today. I noticed this leaks on my tranny. See attached pictures. But still my mower propels good and cuts the grass pretty good.
What would be the problem on this pictures? Do i need to fix the leak asap or it can wait until mow season is over? That way i have more time to fix it. If not, any tips how to repair this leak?IMG_3517.jpgIMG_3530.jpgIMG_3531.jpg

macespejo

Threads
bump

macespejo

Threads
anyone?

dougand3

Threads
2nd pic - is that a crack in the tranny housing? Could be leak there or out the seals around the axle. Housing = $110. Whole Tranny = $240. If handy, may could repair crack with weld or even JB Weld. I'd just top off the tranny fluid before each mow and have at it. Bet it will run a long time.

macespejo

Threads
No crack. Maybe some leakage around the seal. I already filled it with fluid and until now its working. Maybe if the fluid is depleted it will stop working. lolz