Anyone else have poor cut quality with XT1/2 42" mowers?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Anyone else have poor cut quality with XT1/2 42" mowers?
Congrats. The Radius is a really nice machine.

cruzenmike

Threads
Congrats. The Radius is a really nice machine.

Thank you. I have already made some adjustments to the seat and motion control levers. Next I will double check the tire pressure and deck leveling. Just started raining so I probably won't get a chance to use it until tomorrow.

I typically mow at 3" but it might be time to start thinking about taking it up to 3.5" in preparation for the summer months?

The grass is already getting long as you can see...

Long Grass.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd be interested to know how the Radius deck stacks up to the Tri-Vantage deck you had on your Lazer. Those tend to clump in wet or lush conditions. My Lazer Z HP with the Tri-Vantage is still in the garage awaiting my attention. It's been laid up for a year since a friend broke a pulley. I've got the parts now but have had better things to do. Engine is tired at 1900 hard hours too. The 2002 walk behind Turf Tracer HP is still going strong at 2600 hours.

I really love my Exmarks. They leave such a beautiful cut!

cruzenmike

Threads
I'd be interested to know how the Radius deck stacks up to the Tri-Vantage deck you had on your Lazer. Those tend to clump in wet or lush conditions. My Lazer Z HP with the Tri-Vantage is still in the garage awaiting my attention. It's been laid up for a year since a friend broke a pulley. I've got the parts now but have had better things to do. Engine is tired at 1900 hard hours too. The 2002 walk behind Turf Tracer HP is still going strong at 2600 hours.

I really love my Exmarks. They leave such a beautiful cut!

Darryl,

I don't know if you saw but I posted a first impression on the mower and I spoke a bit about the deck. I originally thought that my CT deck was 7 gauge all around but it might be 10 on top and 7 on the front like the Ultracut 3. I do know that the deck is solid. Many had complained of the Trivantage deck but with mine finely tuned I had absolutely no issues with it. I will continue to use my mower and update my other post with any changes in my opinion or lessons learned.