How to rid my lawn of Knawel

Papaw582

Forum Newbie
Threads
This weed is taking over my lawn. Hadn't noticed it in past years, but this year-BAM! Also have Henbit, but the sprays have worked fairly well killing it off. Research says Knawel is a German moss? I have used Roundup lawn weed killer spray, Spectricide lawn weed killer in spray & granules. They seem to work after several "coats", but then the weed seems to grow faster and thicker in other parts of the yard. In the real bad areas, I used a propane torch from Harbor Freight and torched the weeds, worked the area with my cultivator and used Pennington's One Step tall Fescue seeds. I sowed the seeds on bare ground in some spots, spread light coat of garden soil & seeds over the bare ground in other spots and spread a light coat of topsoil over some of the bare ground and sowed seeds. The seeds sowed over the garden soil came up first, then the seeds ovr top soil then they bare ground. Been a little over a week, but the grass is coming up in all the areas. I have watered it 3-4 times daily.
I need to dethatch and plan to use a plug aerator and top dressing with overseeding this fall.

Attachments

• Knawel lawn weeds.jpg
    Knawel lawn weeds.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Knawel Lawn weed 2.jpg
    Knawel Lawn weed 2.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Torched spots.jpg
    Torched spots.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Pennington One Step.jpg
    Pennington One Step.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 16

john1122

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can use various types of sprays to dispose unnecessary plants from your garden. Furthermore, you might also need a small plow. In today's life, various technologies can help you. VR which is the opposite of enhance can help you in many ways.

john1122

Forum Newbie
Threads
Augmented reality is a new way of seeing the world, as you know, these days, with the invention of smartphones and other apps, the Augmented Product is getting famous among brands and people.