How do from Delaware

Papaw582

Forum Newbie
Threads
Names CD. I strive for a beautiful lawn, but ain't made it yet. Lookin' forward to help from ya'll. We also have 2 garden plots. I'll be looking for help with them also. For the last 20 years I've had 1966 thru 1984 JD & CC garden tractors. The engines died in the last 2 CCs so my wife said sell them & get a new one in the spring. After many hours on the internet, I picked the Cub Cadet XT1 LT42. Had it about a month and am happy with it. Added fast Tach rear bagger, front brush guard and arm rests. (Arm rests were a probably a waste because I only mow about an hour or so. I also purchased the mulch kit, but it was a waste for this year, too many weeds so I need to bag clippings. The Knawel is eating my lawn up.

Attachments

• Garden 1.jpg
    Garden 1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Garden 2.jpg
    Garden 2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Knawel Lawn weed 2.jpg
    Knawel Lawn weed 2.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Knawel lawn weeds.jpg
    Knawel lawn weeds.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
:welcome::welcome:
Welcome to the forum!!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your Cub Cadet!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good luck.
You will not get the same service life out of you new Cub that you did from the old mowers.
You only get back what you pay for and that is in real terms, hours worked to pay for it, not the dollar number.
People have a problem understanding that money is not what you really spend.
So the mowers that cost you 6 moths wages will last a lot longer than one you pay 6 weeks wages for, despite their prices being the same numerical amount.

As for your grass, cover over the weeds with some thing that will not allow any light to get in.
Overlap the good grass by a few inches.
Water & fertilize the good grass and allow it to grow long.
After around a month, remove the cover ( carpet is good )
Water & fertalize the perimeter only of the dead patch to encourage the now long & healthy grass to move in to the bare patch where the weeds were.
Long term, cut the grass a lot higher in future.
The higher the good grass, the harder it is for weeds to germinate or colonize your grass.