John Deere G100

Johnny340

Forum Newbie
Threads
A friend gave me a John Deere G100. It has the Kohler pro 25hp engine with 800 hrs. Runs good doesn’t smoke good k66 trans. It will need a seat this one has rips. It will also need a deck pulley and a tie rod end and a battery. It’s been setting up for about a year now. The tires aren’t dry rotted and has some rust on the body not to bad not pitted. The deck isn’t rusted or rotted out. I was thinking about fixing it up and throwing some paint on it. Maybe using it as a backup mower. Think it would be worth Putting a little time and money in it. I like tinkering with stuff.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is pretty much a beefed up L120/130 mower. With the bigger motor and stronger transmission it is certainly a worthwhile project. That transmission does use the same oil for the differential gears and for the hydraulic pump/motor drive unit so I would recommend an oil change back there. Might look at the steering gear too, the small gear is a high wear item, pretty cheap to replace. Good find there.

Johnny340

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Tom I will probably go and pick it up this wk end. Are Part’s hard to find for this particular machine.