John Deere lt150 Fender removal

chad14767@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LT150, there is a gas leak. I am trying to replace the fuel line and it connects on the top of the tank where there isn’t any room to take the fuel line off. I need to take off the fender to gain more access to the top of the tank. I cannot find any bolts to take off the fender. How do I take the fender off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to the JD web page and look up your parts breakdown.
The rear guard is held in by the same bolts that hold down the seat springs at the back.
At the front it is held in by the dash tower which in turn is held in by 4 to 8 bolts depending upon the model.
To get to them you first have to remove the battery & battery tray unless you are directly related to Houdini & can move your hands backwards.
On some you also need to go under the mower and take the steering gear off so that the wheel can come up enough to get the dash up high enough to get the guard out.
However if you are just replacing the hose you should be able to lift the guard up high enough to access the top of the tank.
Use some rolled up newspaper to hold the guard up cause it can & will trap your fingers OUCHY.
Do not try to pull it up too far because the guard will crease where it narrows down at the footboards.
You will also have to frigg around with the height adjustment lever and the cruise control if they go through the guard.