Leaves LEAF SHREDDING ?

LMAN007

Threads
Tomorrow I pick up my Honda HRX217VKA mower. My question is with the Versamow system, which will (bag,mulch rear discharge and LEAF SHREDDING). Just what do you have to do differently to go into the leaf shredding mode?
Is leaf shredding the same as bag, mulch or rear discharge EXCEPT you have LEAVES on the grass? If so, why make a big deal out of leaf shredding when any and all other mower that bags , mulches or rear/side discharge will also shred the leaves. The adds list the Versamow sytem as a 4 in 1 adaptability instead of the normal 3 in 1 mowers, (bag,mulch,rear discharge). So just what is the difference? All answers will be appreciated. :confused2:

trekgod3

Threads
It's just fancy marketing doublespeak. Rake your leaves into a pile and run them over with the mower set to bag.

LMAN007

Threads
It's just fancy marketing doublespeak. Rake your leaves into a pile and run them over with the mower set to bag.

Just as I thought, and just what I will do, pile them up and then run them over with the bag on:laughing:. Thanks.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't recommend running mowers through piles of leaves. It's pretty hard on them. Better to just shred them where they lie in my opinion. If there's not too many there's no need to bag them.

LMAN007

Threads
I don't recommend running mowers through piles of leaves. It's pretty hard on them. Better to just shred them where they lie in my opinion. If there's not too many there's no need to bag them.

Good thought.

bogdaN

Threads
I remember using my old Lawnboy that had spacial attachment U slip in and that did nice job providing leaves where dry.