new spindle bearing design

bigal_11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a YTH 24V48 mower that I really like. I have a spindle bearing out on 2 of my 3 blades. I have been trying to find replacements but all of the ones I found have a spacer under the belt pulley. Mine don't, it has an extended inner race on the bearing instead. Can anyone tell me where I can find the bearings for this spindle with the extended inner race? If not, can I use the regular bearing and install the spacer on the hub assemblies I have?

Also, I can't find just the bottom bearing either. Everything I can find shows that the bearing only comes with the spindle shaft. Why can't I find this bearing separate? What is the part number for this bearing and is it shielded on 1 side or 2?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never seen this on any mower less than 30 years old.
Should be a 6203 on the top & a 6204 on the bottom.
Under the pulley there is generally a small spacer and I rather think the spacer has simply rusted onto the inner race.
Special bearings cost a bomb better than twice the price of the standard bearing & spacer.

However to double check we need your full model & serial numbers
As far as I can see the entire deck on the YTH24V48 is the same as that on the YH24K48.
Thus they list the bearing as 532 11 04-85 which is a bog standard 6203 2RS on both models
However item 31 the spacer has been omitted from the newer model break down & the pulleys now have different part numbers.

The entire spindle housing is now fully imported so perhaps China can make special bearings cheap enough.
Down here the old assemblies were $ 120 the replacement Korean ones were $ 90 & the new Chinese ones are $ 70
My wholesaler lists the same replacement assembly for both models.
So if worse comes to worse you can order a 532 18 76-90 which is the spacer ring