Any problems with the speed of a ventrac 4500z with dual tires/

ccdel

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any problems with the speed of a ventrac 4500z with dual tires/
I have a ventrac 4500Z with dual tires for a little over one year. It seems to operate very slowly. On the videos, it looks like it is going much faster than mine can go. My stays within 2-3 mph- never faster. Is this a problem that others have?

Pigeonroosst

Forum Newbie
Threads
My low range speeds can get a bit over 5MPH IIRC, but I usually work slower than that, I do not pay much attention to speed, just comfortable rate. In high range it trams much faster, but I hardly ever use that unless I am on paved road getting to work site. When new, my "Z" would not reach full Kubota stated RPM and I had service guy adjust it to get the full range. I forget what Kubota specs the engine for at max HP, but maybe 3,700 RPM plus or minus 100. I normally operate at about 3,200RPM, but when I want that full power it is there. It makes no difference with speed when my duals are on or off.

Wrenchit

Forum Newbie
Threads
High range is only for transport to and from the job. Running in High Range actually doubles the pump pressure and strains the wheel motors and the pump when mowing or using most attachments. A machine thats sluggish or has noisy steering , or a hard time lifting, is caused by hydro filters close to being stopped up.
You should change the hydraulic filters at 100 hrs, to eliminate that from happening.
At 500 hrs, you change filters and the hydraulic oil also. The old owners manuals stated filter change at 300 hrs, the new ones are 100 due to people that run them extremely hard have steering and lift problems due to 'break in' matter getting in the filters.
A dirty hydro filter slows everything down. Hope this helps.