Melting ground wire, dead mower

Padrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have an older mower and recently I tried to start it. The starter was bad and I replaced it. then I went to try to start it again and saw smoke from under the cowling. lifted it and saw that the green primary type wire was melting the casing off. I pulled the battery out. Since then I have replaced the ignition switch and the melted ground wires and cannot get the mower to turn over or even click. so it has a new battery, new switch, new ground connection from the ignition and it grounds to two locations. I'm at a loss as to where to check next. Any help would be appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
You are standing there sad & dejected looking at your mower. :frown:
We are here on the other side of screen trying to work out what you are talking about. :confused2:
So please start with the make, model and number of the mower, followed by the model number of the engine.
Photos are worth 10,000 words and overcome differences in descriptions ( which is why they invented part numbers ).
We would love to hear you are mowing tomorrow but with the information provided we have less than no idea what is going on.

Luffydog

Threads
When replacing the starter you might have pinched a wire and when you tried to start it might have blown a fuse. Might back track just to double check the starter and the wires and look at the fuses.