Tecumseh Vector Carb 640020A - no gas to Venturi?

Norseman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently acquired a Carftsman 6.75 lawn mower with the Vector plastic carb. The mower has not been run for 3 years I recently changed the oil, drained the old gas from the carb and tank and installed a new spark plug and gas. It would not start. It has ignition and will fire for a second or two if given a shot of gas through the spark hole or air filter passage but instantly dies. I removed the bowl and primer button assembly and cleaned the passages with a fine wire, carb cleaner and compressed air. I did not remove the yellow emulsion tube but it seems clear. The needle seat and float function. The main jet was removed and cleaned as have all the air passages. I am convinced that while the carb is full of gas no fuel is entering the emulsion tube since the spark plug and venturi are dry. I am thinking that the rubber "O" rings on the nozzle and main jet due perhaps to using ethanol fuel which has sat in the carb for the past 3 years. So you think that this might possibly what needs replacing or should I look somewhere else. I am a bit afraid to try to remove the emulsion tube but does it simply pull up and out to get at the "O" ring? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Norseman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I pulled the carb apart and the emulsion tube "O " ring was shot and ditto the main jet one so I think I found my answers. Thanks

Russ2251

Threads
welcome.jpg