Scag seat question

mark4470

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I’m new to the forum and to Scag. I just bought a new Freedom Z last week. So far I love it other than the seat setting so low. I have a very bad back and would like to change the seat out. Here is my question will a Patriot suspension seat work on my 2018 Freedom Z? I know the seat pans are different, but the seat bolt pattern seems to be the same. I would have bought an aftermarket seat but nobody sells a seat with the same safety switch as Scag.

Thanks,
Mark

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd check with your dealer on compatibility. If it's still in "as new" condition they may be willing to swap it out if it's a fit. That's what I did with my Bob-Cat for an extra $250, but before it left the dealer.

mark4470

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd check with your dealer on compatibility. If it's still in "as new" condition they may be willing to swap it out if it's a fit. That's what I did with my Bob-Cat for an extra $250, but before it left the dealer.

Thanks, I traded for a patriot.

Mowergal

Threads
I just bought a new 2019 Turf Tiger II. It has the 'old' seat, all tan in color. The new seat is tan and black. The dealer tells me the features are the same, just the color is different. They do have the same dial to adjust the seat to the operator's weight, but I can see the mounting to the frame is not the same. I don't know if this means there is more suspension to the new seat. Does anyone know if the suspension specs are the same? Comfort is important. Thanks!