Husqvarna (HU775H) / Honda HRX217VKA

LMAN007

Threads
I own a Husqvarna (HU775H) bought in 2013. Do you think that it is a huge upgrade by going from the Husqvarna to a 2019 Honda HRX217VKA. I would think so, but I would appreciate some thoughts on this .

gotomow

Threads
I own a Husqvarna (HU775H) bought in 2013. Do you think that it is a huge upgrade by going from the Husqvarna to a 2019 Honda HRX217VKA. I would think so, but I would appreciate some thoughts on this .

Not necessarily a big upgrade. It depends on your mowing terrain and conditions. If you have long stretches of level yard the Honda will work out fine. If you have a sloped yard with lots of trimming where you have to pull back on your mower then I would not recommend the Honda. First off the Honda is hard to pull back on. Second, at an operating weight of over 90 lbs it's no lightweight. One thing your Husky has going for it, is it high wheeled so it will handle uneven terrain better than the Honda and it will be way easier to pull back on than the Honda. Long story short, the Honda it not a perfect mower for everyone.

LMAN007

Threads
Not necessarily a big upgrade. It depends on your mowing terrain and conditions. If you have long stretches of level yard the Honda will work out fine. If you have a sloped yard with lots of trimming where you have to pull back on your mower then I would not recommend the Honda. First off the Honda is hard to pull back on. Second, at an operating weight of over 90 lbs it's no lightweight. One thing your Husky has going for it, is it high wheeled so it will handle uneven terrain better than the Honda and it will be way easier to pull back on than the Honda. Long story short, the Honda it not a perfect mower for everyone.

Thanks for the reply, I just used my Honda yesterday for the first time. With mine, I found that pulling the Honda backwards, as long as you release the select drive control , was easier than the Husky, The cut from the Honda was much better and no more clumps left with the Honda as there was with the Husky. Go figure. This might sound crazy but I'm looking forward to cutting the grass again!:licking: