Tecumseh Crank and Cam

Lockheed

Threads
This might be a stupid question, but here it goes....Is there a place that will balance the Crank and Cam on a single cylinder small engine? Or is this possible? Let me explain what I am doing. I have a background in auto body and paint and I tinker with small engines. I am not a pro. but I find it interesting. I have a tiller that has an H30-35387T and I have done a lot of work on it and it runs PERFECT. I think as a hobby that I want to try to find the identical engine and take my time and rebuild it and learn at the same time ....this is a hobby. I can make it look like brand new with the best body work, paint and color sanding, but I want it to run smooth also. Also is there anything else that should be balanced on this engine to make it run smooth. Like I said, this is a hobby and I just have fun doing it. I know it might cost a little but I am in no hurry. I do it a little at a time and have fun doing it. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Been in the small engine business for over 50 years and this is the first time I’ve ever heard of balancing the crank an cam. The H30 engines are on the old side, but you can still get most parts for them. Years ago my students would be rebuilding those engines. Here is a manual which might help you in the future. https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Te...P-4-CYCLE-L-HEAD-FLAT-HEAD-ENGINES-692509.pdf. If you have other questions down the road, please ask, sorry can’t help on this questions.

Lockheed

Threads
Thank You for your reply. It is appreciated more than you know. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any motorcycle workshop that prepares bikes for track work can balance a mower crank & cam as the machines are the same as is the process.
It is actually a lot easier for governed engines because you know where it has to be dynamically balanced 3300rpm to 3800rpm.
The trouble will be the cost.
Dynamic balancing is only done to race engines and for race engines no amount of money is too much to spend.

Lockheed

Threads
Any motorcycle workshop that prepares bikes for track work can balance a mower crank & cam as the machines are the same as is the process.
It is actually a lot easier for governed engines because you know where it has to be dynamically balanced 3300rpm to 3800rpm.
The trouble will be the cost.
Dynamic balancing is only done to race engines and for race engines no amount of money is too much to spend

Thanks