Is there such a thing as a bad bag?

rubhersoul

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

First post here. Had my rear bagger Lawn Boy serviced a couple of weeks ago.

When I was at the persons house, one pull and it started right up. I get it home, takes about 15-20 pulls to get it to start. And as it's going, there's a misfire every once in a while.

So I bring it back to him, he puts on his bag (I didn't bring mine) and, ONE PULL and it starts! Of course I feel foolish.

Next day I'm excited to go out and mow. Put my bag on, aaaaannnnnddd, not starting. Finally after about 10 pulls I got it going.

I'm not flooding it. I only do 2 primes the most.

Is there any type of bag sensor? My bag seems to fit on fine. I'm thinking of just going to mulching, but I would like to get it working with the bag too.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

bogdaN

Threads
Bag might be ok,but bag frame rusty or out of place.There is safety senser.

Last edited:

rubhersoul

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bag might be ok,but bag frame rusty or out of place.There is safety censer.

Great, thanks so much for the reply! I'll clean the frame. Hopefully that'll work!

primerbulb120

Threads
Aha, an Insight. Those have a magnetic sensor that detects the presence or absence of the bagger. You will find a single green wire going from the back of the mower up to the engine, with a plug in the middle. Unplug it, and your problem should disappear.

rubhersoul

Forum Newbie
Threads
Aha, an Insight. Those have a magnetic sensor that detects the presence or absence of the bagger. You will find a single green wire going from the back of the mower up to the engine, with a plug in the middle. Unplug it, and your problem should disappear.

Wish I could say that was it, but it didn't work. When I first went out I reseated the bad all around and it did start after a few pulls. I stopped and then tried to start it again, but hasn't started since. Been at it for over an hour now. Guess I'm going to buy a new bag.

primerbulb120

Threads
You weren't able to find the green wire?

rubhersoul

Forum Newbie
Threads
You weren't able to find the green wire?

Yes, found it. Was just laying there on the side of the engine. Unplugged and nada! I can get it to start, but I have to literally go ape-***** on it to get it to go. I spoke with the gentleman that fixed and I'm bringing it back to him tonight. I'll report back with any findings. Thanks again for your suggestions!

primerbulb120

Threads
Yes, found it. Was just laying there on the side of the engine. Unplugged and nada! I can get it to start, but I have to literally go ape-***** on it to get it to go. I spoke with the gentleman that fixed and I'm bringing it back to him tonight. I'll report back with any findings. Thanks again for your suggestions!

That wire disconnects the bag sensor, so buying a new bag will do nothing to help it.

Are you holding the primer in for a full second on every press, as per the label on the engine?