OPERATING THE HRX217VKA FOR THE FIRST TIME

LMAN007

Threads
I could not find a youtube to demonstrate what to do the first time I want to regulate my walking speed when I get my Honda HRX217VKA. Is the following a good sequence of what to do? Once I start the engine, depress the select drive control fully down; Then turn the MIN/MAX knob until I reach the walking speed that I desire;
Then to slow down the speed, I would slowly release the Select Drive Control and to increase the speed I would depress the Select Drive Control fully which would get me back to the max speed of where I have set the MIN / MAX knob; (Somewhere between MIN and MAX).
When I reach a corner or obstacle, I can release the Select Drive Pad completely to stop the RWD (rear wheel drive) wheels from turning. Is this a good way to set up the mower for future cuts, or is there a better way? Any comments would be very useful. :confused2:

Last edited:

trekgod3

Threads
It's easier to adjust the speed dial when you're stopped. If you try to turn the dial while moving , it requires more pressure to turn it because your holding it down while trying to turn it. Start the engine, turn the dial a little, engage the drive lever. If it's too fast or slow, release the drive lever and readjust the speed dial. It's one of those things you have to get a feel for.

LMAN007

Threads
It's easier to adjust the speed dial when you're stopped. If you try to turn the dial while moving , it requires more pressure to turn it because your holding it down while trying to turn it. Start the engine, turn the dial a little, engage the drive lever. If it's too fast or slow, release the drive lever and readjust the speed dial. It's one of those things you have to get a feel for.
Thanks tregods, I'll give that a try when I get my machine:smile: