Deck height adjustment

Opfoto

Threads
So after taking a break, thanks to a downpour that sent me running, I was able to fix the adjustment knob, I had to use a bit of force on the threaded shaft where it comes thru the dashboard. I sprayed the heck out of the mechanism w/ penetrating oil prior to the rain and finally I felt it break free! I cleaned the rest of the shaft and put on some never-seize and ran the knob all the way up and down the rod, smooth as butter. While I was in there I sprayed penetrating fluid on the attachment lever and onto the other end of the lever rod where it comes thru the sidewall. I am a happy chappy to say the least!
Thanks again to all that responded with help, really appreciate it.
Have a good day
Marc

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well done but not over yet Marc.
Grab a car of dry spray lubricant.
Lithium Chassis grease is the most cost effective.
Make sure it has a long tube nozel with the can.
Blow down the mower with compressed air & a long air duster ( if you have one ) or even a leaf blower.
Get the mower up high and everywhere that 2 pieces of metal rub, run or screw into each other give it a saturation spray.
The penetrating oil is good to break rusty things free but most have very little in the way of long term corrosion resistance.

Opfoto

Threads
Well done but not over yet Marc.
Grab a car of dry spray lubricant.
Lithium Chassis grease is the most cost effective.
Make sure it has a long tube nozel with the can.
Blow down the mower with compressed air & a long air duster ( if you have one ) or even a leaf blower.
Get the mower up high and everywhere that 2 pieces of metal rub, run or screw into each other give it a saturation spray.
The penetrating oil is good to break rusty things free but most have very little in the way of long term corrosion resistance.
Will definitely do that next weekend...I do have a long airnozzle for the compressor.....Walmart is the closest place to pick up a lubricant.....Dry??? Not sure I have seen that...I do pass a few car parts places, would they have it....Napa, Autozone....Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes they do around here anyhow.

Opfoto

Threads
yes they do around here anyhow.
Found some liquid wrench - penetrating fluid - dry spray lubricant - and normal spray lubricant - at the tractors supply......should be covered now....
Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: Sounds like....