10 hp 15 series 30" Snapper rear engine rider carb leaks

findingzzero

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 10 hp 15 series 30" Snapper rear engine rider carb leaks
11 year old rig. Changed the belt, but couldn't find the user manual, so had to guess at the pulley config. That manual is somewhere, probably with my lost socks. This model has an extra pulley (3 total) for the mower deck alone. I think I got it right. Used a Dremel tool to sharpen the blade while I had the rig upended (needed help to lift, upper body strength has waned over the last 10 yrs-working on it). The attachment for the Dremel tool was useless so I free handed it. I now have a semi serrated blade to cut my semi-grass 1 acre lawn. I was able to drop the machine down myself. Current, more serious problem is the gas leak from the carb bowl. I told my wife not to worry about paying for cremation services, just bury what's left of me and the Snapper. I ordered a new bowl and gasket (2 gaskets), but find seating it (under the carb) difficult as it still leaks and I smell like gas. I tried several times, once using vaseline to stick the flimsy, ill fitting gasket to the carb bowl which barely has a notched rim to seat the gasket. I have to do it on the machine and can't quite see what I'm doing. The grass is going to seed while I fiddle with this. I did an extensive search for a pulley diagram, but could find only parts manuals. The Snapper website does not acknowledge the model #(390015BE) off the machine. Calls to local dealers were useless.
A 20" electric push mower should arrive today, (Amazon, free shipping, wow!) so there's that. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Any suggestions for the carb leak and belt diagram would be much appreciated. View attachment 43926