Counterclockwise vs clockwise ??

LMAN007

Threads
Can someone please explain to me why the manual for (VRX217VKA), actually all the vrx series, tells you to cut the grass counter- clockwise when you are mulching the lawn and clockwise when you are bagging it.
I do not see why the direction you are going with the mower would make any difference in the cut nor the amount of clippings left behind. I mulch 95% of the time with my present mower (Husqvarna), and I do a
clockwise cut on both sides of my house, with good results.:confused2:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even when you're mulching you're still throwing grass to the right side of the mower. Mowing counter-clockwise means you're "throwing" towards the part of the lawn that has already been cut so you get better air flow any blow-out can get out without being hindered by tall grass around it. Mowing clockwise when bagging just allows you to get all. You can grab anything that was missed in your overlap the next time around. Personally I mow around the edges 2 or 3 laps clockwise and then go straight back and forth no matter what kind of mower I'm using or whether I'm discharging, mulching or bagging.

LMAN007

Threads
Even when you're mulching you're still throwing grass to the right side of the mower. Mowing counter-clockwise means you're "throwing" towards the part of the lawn that has already been cut so you get better air flow any blow-out can get out without being hindered by tall grass around it. Mowing clockwise when bagging just allows you to get all. You can grab anything that was missed in your overlap the next time around. Personally I mow around the edges 2 or 3 laps clockwise and then go straight back and forth no matter what kind of mower I'm using or whether I'm discharging, mulching or bagging.

Thanks for the answer, I did not know about grass being thrown to the right side of the mower and it make sense that by going counter-clockwise, grass will be thrown toward part of the lawn that has already been cut. I will try your 2 or 3 laps clockwise and then go straight back and forth method. Again, thanks for the great answer.:rolleyes: