Intec 12.5 question

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome::welcome:

Not really sure what you want to know

1bert1

Threads

Yea, I should have come up with a better way to ask. I have been dealing with Briggs since one was on my go cart in 1974. It was a 4 horse. I always was fascinated with engines I guess that is why I became an industrial electro-mechanical technician. Briggs had their basic flat head, horizontal and vertical engines. They had aluminum blocks. Then along with the engines I just described, they came out with the I/C, Stellite exhaust valves, upgraded bearings, cast iron sleeved cylinder bores etc. My question is Are the Intec series a lower grade modern engine or is it the vanguard?

I just bought a snapper rear engine that has a 12.5 intec swapped on it. Once I got it home and really got a good look at it, I started seeing some problems. It was doing the infamous (back firing through the carburetor) that seems to plague the intec line. I checked the valve clearance and exhaust was fine but intake had no clearance so I gapped it and the backfiring stopped. After replacing the blade and new belt and just some well deserved PM's it runs great and it is powerful too. Its got lots of torque.

Thanks for responding, I have been lurking for a week and I joined and wanted to introduce myself so I asked that question. The wiki on briggs is not that complete imo..

1bert1