Duraforce 10323 carb fix for loping

fargo-guy

Threads
I wish I could find the post from about 2013 where someone said to clean out the pilot jet on the side of the carburetor before doing any further carb work. This was a very quick fix on my mower that was loping badly. Eventually I suppose I should take the carburetor off and clean it.

Now the pilot jet is not staying tight in the carburetor body. I am afraid to tighten it too much and possibly ruin the plastic. Does anyone know if it would be okay to use a little Loctite to hold the pilot jet?

jp1961

Threads
If you clean it surgically clean, Loctite should work (I doubt it will work if there is 2 cycle oil residue left in the carb).

There is usually a lot of debris in the bowl where the screen is located,,,make sure to clean that out.

Lawn-Boy kind of skimped on this model as the only fuel filter is inside the carb.

Regards

Jeff

fargo-guy

Threads
If you clean it surgically clean, Loctite should work (I doubt it will work if there is 2 cycle oil residue left in the carb).

There is usually a lot of debris in the bowl where the screen is located,,,make sure to clean that out.

Lawn-Boy kind of skimped on this model as the only fuel filter is inside the carb.

Regards

Jeff
I shold probably add a fuel filter in line. It sounds like some are for pressurized lines and others are for gravity feed?

fargo-guy

Threads
I should probably add an in line fuel filter. It sounds like some are for pressurized lines and others are for gravity feed?