Mower deck Country Clipper Edge XLT 455 mower deck belt routing

Rdegrate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I have a Country Clipper Edge XLT 455 Model 2452KAJ-455 with a 52" mower deck and Kawasaki Fr730v engine. I am looking for information on the routing of the deck belt for the 52 inch deck, my manual and all other manuals researched show routing example of the 42" deck instead of the 52", (looks almost the same but front idler pulley is located on opposite side of front spindle assembly). The diagram that is on the deck itself shows the 42" deck routing also. Have called tech support at Country Clipper and they are aware of the issue but could not help. I have recently replaced Kevlar deck belt after 4 years of use and the new deck belt has snapped after 3 hours of use. I believe I have a routing issue and the belt is not seating correctly. Removed belt to find flat side of belt severely mauled and burned and no damage to "V" side of belt. I have ordered another Kevlar deck belt. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not sure with clippers but most IPL's will show the routing of the deck belt.
There must be a separate diagram for the bigger deck .
If the back of the belt is damaged the usual reason is a frozen pulley or running it over a belt keeper rather than under it.
Very easy to do.
Would not be a tech anywhere on the planet who has not done it at least once

Rdegrate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure with clippers but most IPL's will show the routing of the deck belt.
There must be a separate diagram for the bigger deck .
If the back of the belt is damaged the usual reason is a frozen pulley or running it over a belt keeper rather than under it.
Very easy to do.
Would not be a tech anywhere on the planet who has not done it at least once

Thanks for the information, will check all pulleys and keepers.