MS193t not starting

heydude348

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently picked up an MS193t. When I tried to start it it would pop in the choke position, but after taking it off choke would not start. Wanted to try and start but didn't. I have a good running 193t so i swapes out the coil and carb and still no go. ***NOTE: The good running 193t runs fine with the not running 193t's carb/coil on it.***Changed fuel and plug also.Any ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing to do is pull the exhaust off then do a visual check of the bore & ring.
If they look good then use a pencil to check the position of the piston when the magnets are at the same position with regards to the coil.
Although it is fairly rare, the timing key cast into the flywheel can split & shear off putting the timing out.
Rather than use a piston stop, people hold the flywheel when loosening & tigthening the flywheel &/or clutch.

heydude348

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick response. What is an acceptable compression for that saw? To look at it, it appears to have minimal use. Also I'm guessing if I remove the flywheel that will answer the keyway question?

heydude348

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, when you say check the position of the magnets in relation the the piston, the pistion should be TDC?Or?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Around 75psi is getting near the bottom end .
Does not matter how you do it .
You just need to check that the piston to flywheel position is the same for both engines.
The magnets should be in the same place on each flywheel so thay make a good refference point.
If you pull the flywheel you need to check the key with a very strong light & good magnifier.
A crack can be enough to throw the timing right out.
These engines have very short strokes so timing is ultra critical.
It is very common to fins an almost new engine with a wrecked bore because the owner either used strait fuel or way too much oil

Also a blocked muffler can kill an engine so you might like to try starting the saw without the muffler on.
A quick warning here, for a very small engine they are very loud ( bleeding ear type loud ) without the muffler on.