HR 215 BL - Is it "commercial" or not?

bobster789

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a (1992 or so) HR 215 BL (HMA). Hydrostatic transmission, blade clutch, electric start. The handlebars are a little higher up (an inch or two) than my other 2 HR 215s which I bought new in 1998. I'm trying to figure out why. Any ideas?

It has chrome handlebars -- my 1998s have black painted handlebars. It also has the earlier (pre-K1) engine with the bigger air filter and metal gas tank cover.

Last edited:

golfergordy

Threads
I've got a couple of HR215's (one is a Masters) and noticed the handlebar height of one was 1"-2" higher than the other. I went to the owner's manual and found the section on handlebar height adjustment, and I raised the height on one to maximum and now they're both at the same height. I used to cut my lawn (for 30-years) with an HR214 and often my back hurt when I was finished with the cut, and I thought it was because of the low handlebar. I didn't realize that the handlebar was adjustable until this year. I cut both my lawn and my neighbor's lawn today and my back felt fine now that the handlebar is at maximum height. Also, I recently bought (on ebay for a pretty good price) an OEM handlebar support kit which I'll be installing on the Masters when I get around to it, and will probably start a thread on this subject when I'm finished.