Mower deck John Deere X300 Mower Deck Heights

MichelleWieFan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone know the approximate mower deck heights for the John Deere X300 Riding Mower? What I'm looking for is; level 1 = XXX inches, 1 1/4 = xxx inches, 1.5 = xxx inches, and so on for mower deck height settings 1 - 4 (See attached picture for reference). Thank you in advance for your assistance. Have a great day!

Attachments

• X300 Deck Heights.jpg
    X300 Deck Heights.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 4

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the deck height is set properly they are inches.
Put the mower on a solid flat surface and make sure the tyres are at the recommended inflation as per the owners manual, not the max on the tyre walls.
Wrap a foam coffee cup around a wooden block , pop it under the deck and press the blades into it to mark the cup.
use these marks to level the deck as per the instructions in the owners manual.
The height is the blade height when the blade is directly across the deck left right

MichelleWieFan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for helping me so far. What Im wondering is, if I mow with it set on level 1, what will the length of the grass be? if I mow on level 2.5, what will the length of the grass be? And so on ... (from level 1 - 4)

have a great day & thanks for taking the time to answer me, I appreciate it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Deck height is blade height
so 1 should be 1" which is way way way way way too low unless you are trying to kill the grass or are mowing a bowling or putting green

MichelleWieFan

Forum Newbie
Threads
"so 1 should be 1" which is way way way way way too low unless you are trying to kill the grass or are mowing a bowling or putting green"

Its funny you say that! Besides mowing the lawn with my rider, I also mow fairways & putting greens on a little par-3 9 hole golf course I built in one of the fields on our little farm! I am looking into the mower deck settings & height equivalents because I just purchased a used fairway "reel" mower to handle the big job of mowing the fairways on my little course. I want to set the reel height to approximately the equivalent of the rider settings (Between 2 & 2.75). I have been mowing the "greens" on the lowest settings (1.5 & 1.75). last spring I purchased some retired field turf and I plan on replacing the "real grass" with field turf for my greens. I have not been able to do that yet though because it has rained hard at least once a week (here in Maryland), every week, since April 2018, so things are still very wet here and I'm unable to finish that project! Thanks you again for taking the time to answer my question and to try to help me. Your information is very helpful! Have a great day!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK.
The reel mower will cut the grass a bit longer than the rotary mower set to the same blade height.
This is because of the effect of the deck draft sucking the blades strait up on the rotary where as the reel will cut a true height because it is a scissor action.
I doubt you will ever get a seamless transmission from the reel to the rotary.
When the landlords son was younger we built him a 9 holer around the workshop More of a chipping/putting course .
The greens got cut with an 14 " reel and the rest with my ride on.
However the cattle were continually graizing around the house as we have been in drought for the past 4 years and extra low rainfall for the preceeding 5 so there were many "natural" hoof traps to make things a bit more challenging.