BLOWERS

mikehouse

Threads
Hey Lawnworld.'S been a while,but here i am.Went to a local Stihl dealer (Ace Hardware),and looked over some chainsaws (leaning towards a 170 or 171),but really was looking to choose the right blower.I'm not moving gravel,wet/dry leaves,or anything else besides grass clippings on driveway and sidewalk.Any good suggestions?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The BG50 is a decent little blower, costs only about $140

mikehouse

Threads
Hey fish,suppose i step it up with a 56.Too much for my need you think? Went to a good store,ACE Hardware,(authorized dealer).Going back for the 171 chainsaw,definitely getting the blower too.Wish they let you start 'em up.

mikehouse

Threads
Well...got the BG50.Easier to start than i thought.A really neat unit.More than enough blowing power for my needs.I recommend this unit for the beginner owner.

Jimbo45

Threads
I've had a bg55 for years and it's a great little blower. Bought my son a bg50 this summer and it seems nearly identical... Lightweight, powerful little blower. I also have a n SH 86 c-e that I got last fall for leaf vaccuuming, and I tried it in blower configuration, and it doesn't seem to be as powerful as the 50 or 55 for some reason. It doesn't seem to rev up as high and is heavier. The suspended motor is nice, but not worth the extra cost in my opinion. I'll put it back in vac mode and leave it that way. Also, today I pulled the trigger on my first backpack blower. The 800c. Wow! That thing is awesome!

mikehouse

Threads
I've had a bg55 for years and it's a great little blower. Bought my son a bg50 this summer and it seems nearly identical... Lightweight, powerful little blower. I also have a n SH 86 c-e that I got last fall for leaf vaccuuming, and I tried it in blower configuration, and it doesn't seem to be as powerful as the 50 or 55 for some reason. It doesn't seem to rev up as high and is heavier. The suspended motor is nice, but not worth the extra cost in my opinion. I'll put it back in vac mode and leave it that way. Also, today I pulled the trigger on my first backpack blower. The 800c. Wow! That thing is awesome!

Niicce.Don't blow the house down tho.So far my BG50 has been doing really well.Easy to start and blows like a mofo.Pleasantly satisfied.

MowLife

Threads
I ended up getting 2 of the 55’s from a lawn service for $20 because they were locked up. Both had the same problem which was a crankshaft bearing had froze. Checked with my Stihl dealer and the bearing wasn’t available by itself as it was sold as part of the crankshaft. I got the bearing off and got a replacement through my Napa store and they been running ever since. Don’t know if this is a common problem with these or it was just run hard in the commercial life it had. Didn’t look like a fuel mix problem by internals not showing heat damage. Ok...was bored and figured I’d share this story.

Jimbo45

Threads
Good to know. My BG55 is probably 12 years old maybe, and still runs like new. I just use it around a few yards.