New Kohler 7000, how much vibration should I expect?

Mows

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new Cub Cadet riding mower with a Kohler KT725 engine. I've only used it three times. This last time I noticed a lot of vibration in the mower that seemed to start out of nowhere, it is still there even without the deck engaged and seems to be coming from the engine itself. I have no idea if after the first few hours of use I'm just finally experiencing the "normal" or if something is out of sorts.

I checked the oil level and while it's fine, I noticed a smell of gas, and I also noticed a smell of gas coming from the air filter as well. I'm not sure if I should suspect I'm having an issue that's causing this like a carb problem, or if the engine is still breaking in and this is normal. The mower did not vibrate like this on the first couple of cuts I did.

Any thoughts?

Luffydog

Threads
Check and make sure motor bolts are tight if there’s a clutch check as well or engine pulley is also good

Old Okie

Threads
Sounds like you have gasoline in your motor oil.
If the mower is new I would take it back to the dealer.
The carb may be leaking fuel into the motor and that will ruin the engine, soon.
I have that engine on a Toro Zero Turn and it works perfectly.
The vibration may be the engine running poorly due to fuel in the motor oil.

Old Okie

Threads
Re: New Kohler 7000, how much vibration should I expect?
Sounds like you have gasoline in your motor oil.
If the mower is new I would take it back to the dealer.
The carb may be leaking fuel into the motor and that will ruin the engine, soon.
I have that engine on a Toro Zero Turn and it works perfectly.
The vibration may be the engine running poorly due to fuel in the motor oil.

Sorry about the double post.