Hello I'm grateful for any help I can get. Thank you all for being there to help us

Pressly

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hello I'm grateful for any help I can get. Thank you all for being there to help us
I have a dixie chopper zero turn 2008 I think. It has a generac 27hp power engine on it.

It ran great until I power washed it (didn't know not to do that) anyway, once it dried it wouldn't start.

Now it has no (or very little fuel being pumped into the carb so installed a new one) checked entire fuel delivery system hoses, filters, etc.

the other problem is no spark (tested several diff ways and never any spark). I checked the ign coils and they both read about 14k ohms, I cleaned the coil surfaces and the flywheel, also ohmed out the spark plug wire, checked all fuses, checked the small relay( the coil, and contacts), looks good at least then.

I haven't figured out how the handles safety works, and don't see any wiring that goes to them. The starter works and engages flywheel engines turns but never tries to fire which is obvious since no fuel and no spark.

It acts like it is a safety switch problem, I've checked all of them I could find, which includes the following: fuel solonoid, low oil press, seat sw been unhooked since new

I could use some help, if you have any ideas please let me know, I'm out of ideas, other than replacing each component which may not help.

NorthBama

Threads
  • / Hello I'm grateful for any help I can get. Thank you all for being there to help us
not familiar with your engine most engines have a kill wire to stop the engine spark. just for test purposes disconnect the kill wire from the coils and see if you have spark. This will tell if you have a safety switch grounding the kill wire. Also check fuses

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK,
Let start from basics
1) remove blower housing
2) remove kill wire from both coils
3) put some fuel down each plug hole & crank engine
If the engine starts & runs, all is well with the coils , valve & fuel supply
If it does not start then either the coils are bad or the valves are bad .
If it starts but does not continue to run then the fuel supply system is bad.
I do not intend to write an entire manual so do this test & get back to the forum.