Honda Gx-340 Help please

bogdaN

Threads
Honda engine on Simpson power washer M-Gx-340 S, Gc 95-1394739.Start with no spark-I get the cheep China coil that is different that original ---have spark now but will not fire.Old coil was bigger and had some other thing connected. Question i have is new coil is interchanged with original.Here some pic,s004.JPG002.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The sleaze bag who sold you the magneto unit that will fit but not work says thank-you and please buy another cause the repayments on my 25th investment condo in Florida has gone up.

However there might be another reason so start with a can of starter fluid.
Spray a VERY SMALL amount down the plug hole, fit a nice new plug & try to start the engine.
If it does not fire then check that the valves close fully and if they do toss the coil & get one from a real small engine shop, you know one with a counter and people standing behind it that sell parts that work rather than parts that are cheap.

If it does fire the try a SHORT shot down the carb throat.
If it fires again then the valves are working fine, the timing is OK but the carb has problems.

bogdaN

Threads
Thanks for info,i did try with starting fluid but no start.Did check valves--got about .003 gap.I know this that when pulling starter it is kicking back.What is coil pulser doing? I did removed that,if that would affect anything.By
the way Florida has been good to me--Thanks Dan

Threads
There is nothing wrong with your Honda coil, they never go bad. So rear we dont even stock them.
disconnect your ground wire. (the little black wire with a female spade connector.) Now you have spark.
Either the grounding wire is shorted to the frame, OR most likely the low oil sensor is non op. You can unplug it and find spark also.

bogdaN

Threads
Back to work,did all the disconnecting and still No spark.Start checking that old coil and i have primary readings 0.25 oms, but no reading on secondary.Now i think have to order good coil.

bogdaN

Threads
I got new coil original from Japan and power washer is working.So lesson learn can not sub. coil on Honda GX-340 with cheap china.Again thanks all of you for help.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 5