Mower deck Greasing Cutter Deck Pusharms om a Tiger Cat II, 61" Velocity Deck

windwizard

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Greasing Cutter Deck Pusharms om a Tiger Cat II, 61" Velocity Deck
The Lubrication Chart Shows the grease point to be just in front of (or hidden by) the rear tires. But I can't see or feel them. The 2016, 61 V Cutter Deck drawing (pare 44 of the Operator's Manual) shows the Pusharm Assembly, but doesn't show a the grease zerk location, and the Parts List (page 45) does not list a zerk part & number. Where is the grease zerk, and where is the access point?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of places that do not have nipples get greased.
Everywhere that one piece of metal rubs, slides or rotates against another it needs to be lubed.
Generally this will be done with a spray can of white lithium chassis grease or some other dry lubricant.
Your deck hanger are a typical place.
It this case you lower the deck onto bricks or boards then push the height lever down a bit further.
Then spray liberally so some grease gets into the section that bears the weight of the deck.
Commercial mowers should do it daily and home owners monthly.

Sweats

Threads
I just greased my three days ago, same cat, same deck although mine's two years old and who knows, maybe the deck's changed a little since. I'll try to get a photo of the zerk locations a little later on today.

Sweats

Threads
Okay, so I didn't get out to take pictures. Reach back underneath the seat and you can feel them on the backside of the location you think they ought to be. You'd think that maybe you could reach them easier from the engine compartment but I know I'm not able to. It's a pain, to be sure.