Unique Engine (Starting) Problem - Tried multiple remedies to fix, still no luck!

donoelgo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Unique Engine (Starting) Problem - Tried multiple remedies to fix, still no luck!
Background: Mower was stored unused for 5-6 years.

Problem: Engine won't start unless I use starter fluid & it fires up and runs well. I can restart the engine w/o starter fluid once the engine is hot.

Repairs: Replaced fuel line, carb, primer board, ignition coil, spark plug. drained old fuel and replaced with new gasoline. Added Seafoam fuel stabilizer to help clean out fuel lines.

Does anyone have a suggestion to permanently correct this issue?

Thanks,

Doug

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Unique Engine (Starting) Problem - Tried multiple remedies to fix, still no luck!
Do you have a Briggs, Honda,Kawasaki, or Kohler engine?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a briggs, with a primer bulb in the air filter base.
The gasket needs a light smear of sealant, and visually verify that you are getting a spurt of fuel in the carb throat.

donoelgo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a briggs, with a primer bulb in the air filter base.
The gasket needs a light smear of sealant, and visually verify that you are getting a spurt of fuel in the carb throat.

Excellent suggestion. Logically, I agree with your solution that the problem is the primer. I can't smell or see any fuel when depressing the primer bulb. I will try some gasket sealant and hope that solves my problem.

Thanks for your post.

Doug