Fuel Bad Gas

Crabby Grass

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a bunch of gas a few days ago and filled up my ZT Elite 60" (which I bought a year ago). The next day took off to mow my lawn. I got about 100 yards in and the motor coughed, sputtered and died. I figured it was gas but it was so weird (would run, then die, or sputter and not die, etc.) that I thought it might be something else. Usually fuel problems work themselves out pretty quickly. You get through some water and then everything is fine. Not this time.

To make a long story short, when I pulled the fuel line off the gas filter, nothing flowed, but when I blew into it, gas came pouring out. But when I reconnected the line, it still sputtered and died. I drained some gas into a small, clear glass and it was quite milky. I did that for about a quart's worth and the gas became noticeably clearer. I threw that gas away, re-attached the fuel line and went on to finish the yard, no problem.

I've been very bad regarding protecting my fuel. My gas cans sit out in the rain and I will not be doing that any more. Protecting them from the elements is apparently a necessity. Duh.

Luffydog

Threads
Bad boys from the factory use plastic in the fuel line sounds like it had collapsed replace the fuel line with good line without the plastic inner liner.